Monday, March 17, 2014

Current Foundation Favorite! TARTE!!!

Foundation!!!
It's the most needed product that every makeup- wearer swears by that they have to have it on before they go out of the house. It depends on the skin type (normal, dry, oily, or combination), skin texture (active acne, acne scar, wrinkle etc), undertone (pink, yellow, cool, warm, or neutral), etc. 
I used to used Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua Foundation and Vitalumiere Moisture rich Radiance Sunscreen Fluid Makeup SPF 15 (Shade Beige 40). Sadly, my bf accidentally broke the glass bottle Radiance Vitalumiere of mine. And I'm almost running out of the Vitalumiere Aqua. Sad face! :( Chanel is way too expensive, but it's worth every penny!
Then I even gave the NARS's and Make Up Forever's foundations a try, but I always ended up returning them. Finally, Tarte came to my life.
Now they become my holy grail!
My shade: Light- Medium Honey
Price: $38
Why I love it: I like wearing foundation that makes me look like I'm wearing makeup, not like caky but noticeable! So the foundation has to be natural, medium to full coverage, moisturizing, and long wearing. It's extremely long wearing. The longer you wear it during the day, the better it looks. I guess your face's oil breaks down the foundation, it helps blending the foundation within the skin. Gorgeous! I have dry skin, so this is perfect. For oily skin type, I guess you should wear makeup primer or blot oil during the day. Trust me, give it a try, ask for some samples at Sephora or Ulta counter. You'll thank me later.

::
2. Tarte Amazonian Clay Full Coverage Airbrush Foundation
My shade: Light- Medium Neutral (for yellow and pink undertone)
Price: $36
Why I love: Its concept of coming in a form of mineral powder makeup, but it's not messy at all. The foundation seems "creamy" and fine to the touch. It does come with the compact brush called Airbuki, retailed for $26 I think. I didn't purchase it since I know I already have a brush in mind. It's Sigma's angled flat top foundation brush. It'd be perfect for sensitive skin for its fine texture, and it doesn't clog pores nor settles into fine lines. Love love! I'd recommend this over the liquid foundation above if you're going for a natural everyday kind of look! 

 Hope you find this helpful somewhat!
Love, 
An Trieu

No comments:

Post a Comment