Saturday, June 7, 2014

One Dress Three Occasions

This post features one of my favorite purchases lately: The houndstooth checked purplish shift dress from Motel Rocks (British brand) I got on sale at the Nasty Gal website!
Women tend to like things that hug the body or emphasize their body curves. My body type is weird! I have a small waist, thin and long torso, but my hip bones and legs are huge! Luckily that I'm skinny, so it tricks people into thinking that my body is perfectly normal with curves (small waist and big hip). Hehe... You'll rarely see me in those short mini bodycon dresses because they are my biggest enemy! They show my too thinly awkward body shape! You'll notice I'll wear bodycon dresses (worst scenario) with something else like a blazer or sweater, not the dress alone!
::
Let's just talk about what I want to talk today! The Shift Dress! "Shift," by definition, means a slight change in direction, position, or tendency. See now you know why I mentioned women and their curves... Base on the definition, shift dress means that it doesn't have or give you that curve that you want in a dress. There'll be a slight to no shape to it! Yup, a shift dress does actually has no shape to it, or in another word it is shapeless. Regardless, I find it is quite easy to style! Here is how:

1. Add in a sweater
Yup, I wear two sunglasses! haha
Sunglasses: Ray-Ban
Necklace: Urban Outfitters
Sweater: Free People 
Bag: Topshop
Sandals: thrifted (Savers)

::
2. Add in a shawl or sweater
Long shawl or sweater or coat trend is back this spring/summer season. I went for my new obsessed gorgeous American Apparel shawl/long sweater! I basically have it with me anytime just in case it gets cold at night! It looks like a throw blanket, haha... But it just goes perfectly with my leafy gold headband!
Headband: Urban Outfitters
Shawl: American Apparel
Bag: thrifted Coach bag
Sandals: thrifted

::
3. Add in a blazer or heels or a statement necklace
You don't have to wear all of the things I've mentioned! A blazer, a white one, transforms a simple shift dress to a more formal summer event! You can just wear the dress by itself adding a pair of your favorite high heels then you're set to a dressy event! The statement necklace is another way to transform the dress also! Here I'm wearing all in one, check it down here..
Blazer: H&M
Necklace: Urban Outfitters
Heels: Zara
Her Confirmation Mass at the CATHEDRAL, St. Paul, MN
My cutest cousin
Who's their mom?
MY full OOTD
Hope you've found this post somewhat inspiring or helpful!
Thanks for reading!
An Trieu

No comments:

Post a Comment