Besides the horrible flight ride, everything else I experienced was amazing!
1. Never flight Spirit:
People say you get what you pay. True! I paid $130 for the plane ticket to get to Chicago out of a wimp and thought that was a good deal. I ended up paying $45 extra for the luggage bag both going and returning flights. Ridiculous!
2. Never be late for a flight:
I didn't check the flying time carefully enough. I thought that it took off at 6:30, so I showed up at 6:10 while it left at 6:05am. Then I ended up spending the whole day at the airport. SADLY ENOUGH, I'S ONLY 10 MINS AWAY FROM MY HOUSE! =.= Luckily, I spent that whole Thursday to edit my Camp video vlog!
3. PACKING TIPS:
- Pack basics: just in case you run out of clothes or ideas of what to wear
- Bring a rolling suitcase, not a carry-on bag!!!
- Don't forget your under-wears (staying for a week, pack 10)
- Makeup/personal toiletries: no big liquid bottles, buy the travel size friendly containers (Target/dollar stores...), bring only 1 basic/your most-used eye shadow palette, small perfume bottle (best to get the roll-on kinds), a towel (just in case you spend the night at someone else house, not the hotels),
4. DO RESEARCH:
- Hotels: locations, prices
- Hostels: cheaper than hotels (recommended for travelers in a budget who don't mind sharing the room with others)
- Restaurants: donwnload YELP or always google high rating restaurants, try out new ones that you haven't heard of or have heard of but never tried
- Transportation: take the train never taxis (of course, taxis are convenient but expensive), download UBER, SIDECAR, or LIFT (other public transportations that are a lot cheaper and friendlier~)
- Places you want to go: Downtown CHICAGO? The Bean (Millennium Park), Chicago Art Institue, Navy Pier, The Field museum, The Shedd aquarium, The 360 Chicago (The John Hancock tower), The Willis tower, The magnificent mile (shopping stores/restaurants...) AND MANY MORE..
5. Traveling alone tips:
- Always charge your phone/ have your laptop by your side
- Bring a packpack with you everywhere (has phone charger, a backup charger (mine is my Macbook air, so it's light enough to carry around), of course ID and credit card, sunglasses, tennis shoes/comfy sandals
- AN OPEN MIND NOT AFRAID TO TRY ANYTHING (F00D, ACTIVITIES...)
- BE CAREFUL: What I meant by this is chances are you'll be most likely to share rooms/beds with friends and other people, so be really careful of what could possibly happen, and always know what's right to do)
- Contact your local friends, they'll be the best googling devices in terms of places to eat, drink, and have fun!
- Don't be afraid to make new friends, ask questions, get help, and TALK!!!
- Tough situations can always happen, so be calm to find ways to deal with it and travel on!!!
Any traveling tips? Comment below!
And thanks for reading!